Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An abundance of mail.....

Yesterday was a super mail day!!! Yea for me!!! and boy did I need the pick me up that it brought!!!!! First lets start off with the wonderful exchange I received from Gaby - it was the Prairie Schooler exchange from over at HOE. You all know what a fan of them I am of PS so of course I joined the exchange!! Here is a snap of the entire exchange -


and here is a close up of the Pyn Keepe that Gaby made -


Isn't it just gorgeous - a beautiful bird and berries - is it a lark? I just love birds and this is a stunner!! The linen is so pretty also - all splotchy like I like - it's a winner!! The package included a beautiful chart, some yummy gummie vampires (you know I love those chewy gummi things!!) and a great wooden spoon - I collect wooden spoons when I travel so this will go in the collection - such a thoughtful package - Thank you so much Gaby!!!!

I also got a couple of charts I had ordered -



"Fruit of the Spirit" I had seen on Vonna's blog and had to have and a Christmas booklet from Heartstrung Primitives - the booklet is called "Tidings of Comfort and Joy" I have some ornament exchanges coming up and this is perfect for a couple of those.

Over the weekend I saw quite a few movies so lets talk about them - "Letter From an Unknown Woman" - 1948 - unavailable in this country - I borrowed a friends copy he got from Korea - This gorgeous movie has in the lead rolls Joan Fontaine and Louis Jordan - who are both superb!! This is a wonderful movie and I would highly recommend it - so if you ever get the chance try and see it!! This same friend has a gazillon dollar recording and TV setup with giant flat screen and multiple devices for making DVD's from film and cable. I borrowed a couple of films I had seen before from the Asian movies TCM played a couple of months ago. "The Bitter Tea of General Yen" - 1933 and "Shanghai Express" - 1932 - both really great movies with Express being the better of the two - The other two movies were - "Gamboling Lady" - 1934 with Babara Stanwyck and Joel McCrea excellent film with the copy I had not being the best for sound - followed up by "Man Wanted" - 1932 a pre-code Kay Francis film that is just wonderful!! I also wanted to mention another film - a short film only 30 mins but just great - from a short story by Max Lucado called "The Book and the Rose" - 2001 - a low budget but well made flick that I watched twice and then watched the directors commentary - If you get the chance make the effort to see this film!! I love this quote from the film....

-"Tell me who you love, and I will tell you who you are."-

I did want to mention that I totally agree with Rowyn's comment from yesterday about rugs and carpet!!! If I could I would be down on my hands and knees a with bare hands and teeth rip out the carpet from my house - and put in wood floors!! But, I rent so I suffer!!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely exchange! The bird pin keep is stunning! Who is it by? I love the charts too.

    I love the look of wood floors but carpet is so much more comfortable to walk on in bare feet! At my age, comfort wins! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pin keep that Gaby stitched for you Edgar,it's really gorgeous. I also like that Plum Street Sampler chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice exchange! It seems as if she put a lot of thought into everything for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I dolove that pinkeep!! Seeing one of these pretty birds stitched up makes me want to grab the chart and start one for me! The rest of the package is lovely as well, and your new charts are something to look forward to, aren't they? As for ripping carpet out with my teeth... I think I would stick to my carpet if I had the choice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful pinkeep from Gaby.

    I'm with Sherry on the flooring - wood floors look great but can be a bit cold on bare feet especially in the Winter months! It must be the age thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that IS a beautiful pinkeep!
    I have never heard of any of those movies....hmmmmm
    Have a great day...Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Edgar I start to like it as well when seeing pics and the nice messages here;-))

    Well, I have to steal the pic because I forgot to make one, can I??

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous pin keep and i think the chars will look gorgous and as always the films you described sounded great love the commentrary..

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...