Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Exchange arrives and some movies -

I heard from Becky K that the SBEBB Reindeer Exchange had arrived - here is a snap


I stitched her up a Pyn Keepe - I modified one of the PS Winter Samplers that I really love - I was very pleased with the way it turned out. The package included some reindeer themed extras I thought Becky would enjoy.

Last night my stitching was on an exchange that is coming up in the far future
- so no snaps of that.

Over the weekend there were a couple of flicks I wanted to mention - starting off with "The Stork Club" - 1945 starring Betty Hutton. This is a really cute musical vehicle for Betty - co starring Daniel Defore and Barry Fitzgerald. The DVD was from Netflix and you probably couldn't have found a worse copy of the movie. The second flick was "Thank Your Lucky Stars" - 1943 - The premise is a couple of produces played by Edward Everett Horton and S K Sakall putting together a cavalcade of stars for a wartime charity show. One of the numbers I really enjoyed was Ida Lupino, Olivia de Havilland and George Tobias (Abner Kravitz of Bewitched) doing the jitterbug - very funny!! This film along with "This is the Army" - 1943 and "Hollywood Canteen" - 1944 are being released as a three DVD Box set called The Home front Collection.

Thanks for all the great feedback yesterday!!! and
Thank you all once again for stopping in and visiting!!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! Gee, I haven't even had a chance to stitch mine yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Edgar! I am really starting to fall in love with the PS designs, especially the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely job on the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had so much pretty Christmas stitching, Edgar ~ Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reindeer - a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish. I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Also a question that I've had since I've started reading your blog. I enjoy the cross stitch reports as well as the movie reviews but do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar.

    What a super lovely pinkeep! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar,

    Beautiful work, as always!

    FYI... Silkweaver just put their "Days Gone By" on as their sale fabric of the week. 20% off!! After seeing your cute cute ornies yesterday I thought you'd be excited. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous exchange, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful:) stitching and finishing! ooh,,cute fabrics in that exchange too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, your pyn keepe is looking so great!
    I love this design, too!
    I want to stitch whole design someday in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for the darker fabric, I think it looks richer. I love your crystal, and think you are very lucky, a featherweight and all those PS patterns. I am a lovely shade of green!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...