Friday, January 9, 2009

Some Holiday Snaps....

I thought I would do some snaps today....

First up would be the little bit of stitching I can show you from last night. I started on the second part of the ABC SAL I am working on. Not very exciting, but here you go -


I also have some more snaps from Christmas - We all went to a go carting race tract across from the Daytona International Speedway and John, Matt and Katie road the go-carts. Cissy and I watched. Here are some snaps -


Katie and John coming around a curve


Matt along the inside


Katie coming up from behind


John out in front

It was lots of fun and a really lovely sunny day - so the weather was just perfect for outside stuff.

John and Cissy are big Harley enthusiasts and while we were all home he rented a Harley from a dealership on Beach Street
- So my Mom who has never been on motorcycle in her life -
decided to take a ride with John on his ....


Here they are before the excursion - Now this is a sight I would never in a million years thought would happen - but there she is Grandma Addie on the back of a Harley Davidson!!! They took off for a ride around the neighborhood and you know - she really enjoyed the experience - now she held on really tight and I think cracked one of John's ribs but she had a ride on a big old motorcycle!!! My sister and I were flabbergasted to say the least!!!! It was a very interesting Christmas all around!!!!!

Thanks again for stopping by!!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. great pics! Mom looks excited to go! what a doll! don't our parents just floor us at times with things you thought you would never ever see them do?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love. love the photo of your Mom on the Harley. What a fun memory to have. And I bet she enjoyed the bike ride too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see your mom on a motorcycle! It's so funny to see beachtime christmas pictures. Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so now I have to just GET OVER IT and go for a ride on a motorcycle (an event that I am simply terrified of). Please tell your mom that she has inspired me and that if I fall down I'm going to call her up to complain! What a fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I bet your Gramma had a ball! Go Granny! I love your linen!
    The color is simply divine!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great picture of Mom on the Harley - the time to start worrying is when she gets her own - she'll be a real Harley Chick then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I'm still having adventures at your mom's age!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol your mum looks ace! I love the colours you are using for the ABC SAL. Have you seen the freebie mystery ABC Marquoir by Isa Vautier?? Not one to miss my boy and one part every two months sounds quite do-able to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful pic of your Mom! She looks like she'd be a real spit-fire!! :) How wonderful that she's willing to try grand, new adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...