Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some Stitching and some mail

I think this week is gonna be a non-snappy of my stitching as everything lined up is for exchanges. Last night I was working on my mail-art piece. I am really thinking this is going to come together really nice - but I have been known to be wrong before!! I adjusted a chart and changed up some of the floss' and tonight will be the real test to see if I can make the whole thing come together!! Then the next two pieces are also exchanges..... deadlines and commitments - my keys words for the week!!

I did have some super de duper mail yesterday - If you cast your memory back and to another blog - dear Vonna - stitched up a gorgeous sampler a week or so back.... "Lo, how a Rose Sampler." I was immediately drawn to this piece as it is one of my favorite Christmas carols - "Es ist ein Ros enstprungen" - It is so beautiful and such a meaningful Christmas piece. I found a copy of the book on Amazon an slappidy damn it arrived ....

That's about it for today kiddos - I really like some of the new things from Nashville Market!!!! There a quite a few pieces I will have (did I say have) to get. One piece is called "Quaker Seasons of Friendship" - that sucker is huge!!! Around 440 x 250 - and just spectacular!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. How funny! I just ordered this from Amazon yesterday. Vonna is a really good enabler, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you right away when I saw the HUGE Quaker :-)

    And I just purchased that book also!! I want to do the same sampler inspired by Vonna's finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is HUGE!!! Are you going to or aren't you???lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar, that's great you found the book. I too, have been lusting over Vonna's 'lo how a rose...

    But, I was lucky enough to find it on the shelf at our public library!

    So, checked that sucker out! I'm sure I'll have to renew several times.... Ha!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the "Lo"... I've been working on an exchange (feverishly!) and have set it aside for now, but it will be the first thing I pick up in a couple of days! I'm using the weeks dye works threads on antique white linen. Love, love, love it! I also love the chart that is similar to it "Soweth Sampler". I think that will be next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar, love your blog. I love that Christmas carol and it was also my dad's favorite. He loved for my sisters and I to sing it for him and when he died we sang it for him at the funeral. It has wonderful memories for me.

    deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you blog heaps! And I love the Quaker Seasons of Friendship too, think I might have to put this on my wish list too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Slappidy Damn it did get there :)
    You go BOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to seeing your finished mail art. I have been checking them out. They sound so interesting. Ah, that Vonna is such an enabler LOL. The new Quaker - how can you turn that down.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...