Friday, June 5, 2009

Sittin' on an Egg

Sometimes I just can't believe the titles I will put on this blog blog - as you all know I am a bird nut - and in one of Rico's flower boxes outside, we have a new feathered friend - a city chicken!! - here is a snap I took from our front door - I was getting the stink eye as we do whenever we walk past her and her nest/egg...

We have been watching as they - yes there are two of them roosting out there - built up the nest over the last couple of weeks - and now we have this single offering....

I took this on the way out this morning - I guess they were out pooping somewhere or on someone. :) I would have thought there would have been a couple of eggs but it is only a single.

Keeping with the theme of eggs - I watched "The Egg and I" - 1947 - starring Claudette Colbert and Fred MacMurry. It was this feature film that the pair known as Ma and Pa Kettle where introduced. This pairing of Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride went on to star in 7 more Ma and Pa Kettle adventures - which are really fun flicks. These films have been put together into a two set collection -


On the stitching front - I started two things last night - another upcoming exchange piece and a sampler I am totally loving already. Even though I only have a tiny bit done can you guess what it is?.....

It is the BBD Loose Feather Mystery Sampler from last year - I love the colours, but I think I will need to change out one as it is way too close to the colour of the linen.

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. All my years of city living and I never heard the term "city chicken" - that cracked me up! We've just always referred to them as flying rats. I love Ma and Pa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your city chicken is what we call pigeons here in the U.K. Never heard them called city chickens before. Love what you are stitching - I did one of that series although I have a few more in my to do pile. Loved stitching it. Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol city chicken! I actually think they are a bit pretty--I once saw 3 lined up together, and when I looked closer one was metallic green, the other purple, and the final one blue. (of course they were grey feathers with those colours ass the metalic sheen.) What a great themed post! I have "recently discovered" BBD and am longing to stitch Loose Feathers #26 "Beneath the Sunlit Sky".

    New sampler's looking GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm surprised a pigeon made a nest and had an egg so close to you guys. Interesting. Lovely start on your BBD! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice treat to be able to watch them. Should be fun to see the egg hatch.

    We have a robin that built her nest in our nieighbors planter and now every morning there are four little beaks waiting for breakfast :)

    Great start on the BBD

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pigeons get such a bad rap, but don't forget they are doves!

    My brother and I used to love Ma & Pa Kettle when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were getting the stink eye :)
    Ma and Pa Kettle, what memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! We just had some baby robins hatch a few weeks ago. Keep us posted on the little city chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edgar,

    That BBD Mystery Piece is a stunner. I just saw it when I was surfing blogs last night. It's a big piece, but I'm sure you'll make short work of it. Enjoy you weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Edgar, love that city chicken...now be sure and take more pics, we will have to see updates, specially of that lone egg.

    Also love your new start, I really want to stitch that some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mystery sampler starts is great. No wonder you are in love with it. I have always loved the Egg & I, the movie and the book. Yes, there is a book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stitching (especially the alphabet)- and the bird's nest too..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new start looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Speaking of pooping, I almost pooped my.........well, anyway I laughed so hard at this post I could have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edgar love the new start - and the stories. have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm such a goober! Check the next post, I thought I was leaving it here!
    Hugs,
    DaisyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you crazy man - a "city chicken". I can think of other words and none of them particularly pleasant. Especially when they leave presents on my car.
    Enjoy watching the lttle ones

    ReplyDelete
  18. City chicken and stink eye!! I love it!!
    Pretty progess on your BBD:)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...