Monday, September 21, 2009

Shifting the Junque

GR&DF our sale on Saturday went much better without the rain, but there was tons of fog. Now on Friday it was bright and sunny and then again yesterday bright and sunny..... the day we need it to be B&S it was foggy and craptastique!!! By the middle of the afternoon the fog had drifted on and it was nice but that was after about 6 hours of it not being so nice!! Like I told Rico and Dale it will be a good long while before I am on the sales end of a sidewalk sale. Overall it was a really good sale IMHO as we moved just about all our junque into other folks hands/car/trucks and made a tidy little bit of cash. The residue of the sale we packed into our car and Dales Jeep and took it all to the Salvation Army for them to deal with.

Yesterday was a nice day so we went on over to Eddies for breakfast and then on to the little Farmers market - picking up some nice vegetables. We also stopped a Bakers of Paris both again and got some bakery things for later in the day. Here is a snap of some of the goodies they had -


After getting home I did 6 loads of laundry - and vacuumed and shampooed the carpets - Such an exciting day. Finishing up all that excitement I sat an watched 6 parts of the 31 part "The Duchess of Duke Street" - 1976 - starring Gemma Jones. This is one of my favorite series to come from the BBC. I first saw it on Masterpiece Theatre. There is a Series one and a Series two both excellent and if you have never seen it I would highly recommend it. I also watched and flicker from Netfilx called "South Sea Woman" - 1953 - starring Burt Lancaster, Virginia Mayo and Chuck Connors. A WWII action comedy that was pretty entertaining - a silly premise but worth a look.

I didn't pick up a needle all weekend - just didn't feel it so no stitching.

Do remember to throw in your name for the birthday drawing HERE.
Thank you for stopping by!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. OMG Edgar! I sooo want to live where you do and go on your weekend outings lol! Those bakery items look awesome! Hey, I'm gonna check out that mini series and see if I can download it..I love that stuff!
    Love and stitches....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had better weather this weekend Edgar. Those pastries look delicious, my stomach is starting to rumble!
    The BBC do make some fantastic programmes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had better weather this weekend Edgar. Those pastries look delicious, my stomach is starting to rumble!
    The BBC do make some fantastic programmes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My carpets need shampooing! Come this weekend and I will be happy to move the furniture for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you take me to the bakery? :D Looks so yummy! Glad you did well at the sale despite the fog. I'm going to have to look up that BBC series you mentioned. Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hum...l'eau à la bouche avec ces viennoiseries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh... That picture of the baked goods. Yum! I am so hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bakery goods Edgar! Yum! I am glad you got rid of the 'junque' and even made some money. I only did one yard sale and absolutely hated it! I would rather donate my things...

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart the BBC. And I heart bread!!!! Yum. Congrats on a good sale. May your needle soon return to your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was having a really crappy day, sick, sore throat, too tired to even see my needle but LOL - I can now say that I am craptastique! Love the oh so French spelling!
    Seem to remember my mum being addicted to the Duchess when I was in high school - must check it out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't realize I could feel this hungry at 5am! I can feel those pastries going to my hips by just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the sale. Bummer the day wasn't as nice as you hoped but sounds like it was better than the week before when you had to cancel.
    And the picture from the farmer's market...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great that it was good weather. The bakery goodies look wonderful!! So, if you need more housework to do, you are more than welcome to come visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...