Monday, November 22, 2010

A Busy Damp Weekend

GR&DF - woohoo!! Only a two day week this week!!!! I love a short week! We will be super busy at home almost every evening and then Holiday Busy - and then if everything runs smoothly a very lazy Sunday will wrap up it all up.
__________

Saturday morning we got an early breakfast in the restaurant at the Flower Market -

... and after that went shopping at the different dealers in the Market. After 10 am it is opened to the Public. I had specifically wanted to get a new Christmas Cactus - since my big beautiful pink one had bitten the dust, I picked up this beauty...

It is a really pretty apricot colour and should do very well - I hope. Here are some snaps of the market. It was a lovely morning -




These looked very Christmas all lined up.


This was taken inside Fantastico's - they only do artificial and had all the trees up and decorated....
We where home by 11:30 am and before the rain really started to pour. We had some major showers during the night with lots of thunder and lightening, which is very unusual for this area. It scared the who hounds out of their little minds, but we didn't loose power so I was very grateful!!

On Sunday morning we started off with a 6:45 am grocery shopping extravaganza - I knew from stopping off the night before that the crowds would be getting bigger as Sunday wore on - since Saturday evening was a total nightmare!!! By getting the bulk of the Holiday shopping done - and I mean about 90% - done and out of the way so early we got over to breakfast at Eddies early and from there went on over to the Farmers Market to pick up some veggies. We had it all done and where back home by 11:00am. Even though we were scheduled for lots of heavy rain all day if just sort of rained off an on and steady, but not too hard.
__________

I have gotten quite a bit of stitching done on this piece...

it is the Mary Beale "Sampler Wreath" - I am stitching it on 36ct "Heritage" from Silkweavers. I shifted all the DMC recommended floss colours to my own silks conversion - so I am using HDF, Bell Soie and NPI. It is stitching up pretty fast and I am super happy with the way it is turning out.

There you go sports fans. Thanks for stopping by, do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. Love your sampler wreath. I have a question about silks. You stitch a lot with silk. I have only stitched one thing and was told that I could not iron it because the silk threads would melt. Is that correct? I would appreciate your expert oppinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your flower pics!! Good luck with the new cactus, it's a pretty color!

    Love the progress on your sampler - the wreath part is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a busy weekend! That Christmas cactus -- wow! I don't think I've ever seen one with so many flowers! I bought myself a new one the other day too -- been missing having one in the house. But mine is little and dinky and no flowers yet, just a dead one. lol! Love your Sampler Wreath so far. I so want to stitch that one up! Mary Beale has the most beautiful designs, doesn't she? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know that someone had a productive weekend ... I am green with envy. The sampler look lovely and will be another fine addition to your wall when finished and framed. Christmas cacti are among my favorite houseplants ... that apricot shade is luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar!
    Sampler Wreath is looking lovely! I am looking forward to seeing how this comes out on 36 ct. I made this years ago on 25ct, wanting it to be big enough to hang over my stairwell. It certainly did come out big! I am embarassed to say that I have this tucked away in my box. I just haven't had the nerve to cut it out and stuff it! LOL!!! Oh well, maybe one of these years I will get to it!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snaps. I love your new Cactus! I think I may have to take a drive up one of these weekends to snag one since my old one will probably only bloom 1 flower!

    Nice progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous sampler and I can smell those flowers. Thanks for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Christmas cactus. The colour is just beautiful, I've never seen one that colour over here in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flower pictures are wonderful and you reminded me that I need to get a new Christmas cactus after the dogs played with my last one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flower market, wish there was one here opened to the public!!! Your new cactus is beautiful, love the color.

    Your MB sampler is looking nice.

    Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all the photos, especially of the Flower Mart. I am glad to see that you have made a good start
    on the Sampler Wreath. If I ever do it, my idea is to put it on top of a round table (under glass)...
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fooled me Edgar - I thought it was a BOF chart - wonderful work as usual - enjoy the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the progress on your sampler and thank you for the flower pics it made me feel warm this morning. We got dumped with 6 inches of snow on monday and it's a frozen 19 degrees this morning here in the Tri-Cities, Wa. Burrrrr......

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful !! Do you think to sell the chart after finish to stitch it ? i'm living in France and i'm desesperately looking about it.!!!
    If you decided to sell it, please contact me at
    sylerkal@aliceadsl.fr
    Thanx a lot
    take care
    sylviane

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...