Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crunchy and Savoury

GR&DF thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments for yesterday post. Margaret and Alice both pointed out the flaw in my purchase of the Stable for my Nativity set - the size. I knew I was taking a risk as I did not have any of the pieces with me to try it out, but I just took a chance knowing that it was really the first stand alone stable I had seen - it was sort of meant to be that it fits them so perfectly. Peggy Lee pointed out and reminded me just how special it is to me - after my Granny passed a few years back I have been just chomping to be able to put out the set. She just loved the Christmas season not just because it was Christmas but her Birthday was during December and that made it extra special - she would have been 100 this year.
__________

Not much going on except my marathon Christmas film watching - last weekend AMC played "White Christmas" - 1954 - for three days - I love that movie - and after about the third commercial break - which makes me just insane!!! - I popped my DVD into the player and watched a much cleaner version without any interruptions!! I love movies and I love the Christmas season.... and when two such wonderful things come together who am I to deny myself!! Last night I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" - 1946 - and "The Homecoming" - 1971.

Also over the last couple of days I have been making a ton of Nuts and Bolts (Chex Mix). Rico wanted to hand out some treats at his work so he asked me to make a bunch up. I have posted my recipe for Spicy N&B on Blacksheep Bakes.

I am also still working on Christmas Rules, not too much progress last night - it's a bit difficult to hold a needle and a tissue at the same time - those two movies just wreck me!!!!

There you go sports fans!! Do stop by again -

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. I absolutly love your manger, great find. My mother had a nativity set that was her mothers and every year I would help her put it up, she never put baby Jesus in there till Christmas Eve, but I always tried to sneak him in early,

    Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the movies, the lights, the baking which I still need to do this weekend :)

    Take Care and I wish you, Rico and the pups a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rico's workmates sure are the luckiest people. I am applying for a job at the same place so I get to try out your baking!

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to both you and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love White Christmas too. My sister and I would ruin it for you, though, because we always sing along to "Sisters" (gag!). And we're no Vera-Ellen and Rosemary Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the movies you mention... gives you an nice warm feeling and all the memories that go with them. We all must have watched these a milllion times and still looking forward to them again each year. Love that you found the little stable... what are the chances and they all fit nicely...it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled at the image of trying to wipe teary eyes and ply a needle at the same time. :D

    Those Nuts & Bolts sound good--I'm off to check out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful manger! I have one very similar and it completes the set. I know how your Grandma felt about her birthday. My bday is today and I love being a December baby. All the lights and decorations just make my day feel all that more special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those Christmas movies - it's just not Christmas until I've watched them. (Also, Christmas Vacation - I know, I know, it's DUMG, but it's still on mhy "it ain't Christmas list until I see Chevy Chase smokin' down the hillside and Cousin Eddie "emptying" the ummm...."connector". :)
    I'd love to work with Rico - I'm sure your treats are VERY appreciated!!!! Here's hoping you have a wonderful, love and joy- filled Christmas and a very Happy New Year filled with love, joy, stash and stitching!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "It's A Wonderful Life" too. I cried the day Jimmy Stewart died.

    I've never seen the Walton's movie though. It's on my list this year!

    Ohhh...that Chex mix looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...