Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Stichity Post

GR&DF its Thursday and another day closer to "it" and another day less to get ready for "it." I do love the Christmas Season - not so much the crowds, punching and pushing, the malls, and all the unnecessary bitchiness that seems to permeate "corporate christmas." I love the specials on the tube, the music, the giving with open hearts - basically the nice side of an otherwise overblown beribboned "figgy pudding." The little shopping that I do - I try and do it on line - and love that to pieces!! There are a couple of things I am going to the mall for this evening and then I will avoid that pit of inhumanity like the plague until 2011!!

I wanted to post about a little lovely gesture of niceness - yesterday the mail brought a wonderful Christmas RAK -

Dear Carol sent me a lovely prezzie - and such a wonderful way to start off the month of giving!! The ornament is the "Woodland Christmas Reindeer Ornament" on 28ct Mocha Cashel stitched using GAST floss. I love me some licorice and tea and what better way to enjoy both at the same time!! Such a thoughtful gift and I do thank you Carol so much for starting off the season so brightly!!

I on the other hand have just started to get my mailed things out today and will finish up over the next few days. I love sending out treats to friends and relatives. But, sometimes it seems that Christmas just sneaks up and there it is and your out of time.

I took some snaps of both the Sampler Wreath progress and my new Christmas start.
Lets show the wreath first....

Its kind of wrinkled, sorry, but you get the idea. The church to the left sort of blends in but there is quite a bit a back stitch there so after that's completed it will show better. Still loving this piece!!

Here is a snap of the little bit of start stitching I got done last night....

It is "Christmas Rules" by Lizzie Kate. I am stitching it on 36ct linen and not the 32ct that is recommended. I just like 36ct better. I am using the recommend WDW floss. The moment I saw this I knew I wanted to get it to stitch. I also know that I am the biggest whiner about designers releasing multiple charts in bits and pieces to complete a project, but sometime you just gotta bite the bullet and suck it up to do something you love!! The sentiment is so great for the season and really for the whole year. What a super place it would be if we all kept Christmas in our hearts year round!!!

Yesterday we had another checkup appointment on Rico's Franken-foot. The Doctor was really nice and had only positive things to say about the way it has healed up. He also has started Rico on some Physical Therapy so that he gets some strength back in the calf muscle and foot. On the way home from the Doctors we stopped off a Popeye's - gotta love that spicy chicken!! Across the street is an old Movie Theatre that has been everything from a Theater to an Evangelical Church to a working artist space. Now it is boarded over awaiting it's next incarnation. On the boards that cover the front doors is a super mural - so great I got a snap...


I love me some Lazar eyed kitty's - gotta kill the bug!! That's one of the nicer things about SF - is all the inspired and interesting mural art. You never get bored.

Rachel asked about a snap in yesterdays post - and the answer is basically no - I had a snap of a tial light that I took, but it fell a little short when I was putting the post together so I went on the Internet and found a picture I liked better - great Cadillac fins are hard to come by!!

There you go sports fans. Thanks again for dropping by and for the kind comments!!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. Love the sampler wreath! Beautiful stitching as always. Your new Christmas start looks like fun and I agree 36ct makes everything better in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those laser eye kitties! And that little RAK is such a great and thoughtful way to start the season. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your sampler and recent Thanksgiving adventure /table pics Edgar.I started Christmas Rules and the didn't like the fabric so have ordered some more in a wider width for framing etc. It is such a great one!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sampler Wreath is one stunning piece!

    Love your new start as well and those laser kitties are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Rico's foot is getting better. Love the Lazer-eyed Kitty! Nice stitching as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your Edgar on the releasing of a design bit by bit but the L-K's are priced pretty reasonably so Im' not minding them. Years ago there was a trend by some designers in the quilting world to release quilt patterns one block at a time.... if you bought all of them it would add up to over $120 spent for the PATTERN only. That got to be ridiculous and only encouraged people to form groups and share patterns. Luckily that trend sort of went away after people stopped buying into it. Your projects are all looking great and I hope you enjoy the whole holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...the smaller the count, the better, until my eyes completely fail me. Beautiful WIP's as usual. You stitch so perfectly Edgar!

    Bad kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Rico's foot is healing nicely! Love your sampler wreath! So pretty! Nice gift from Carol too! I love that mural -- pretty cool with the laser eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Mural and your sampler is coming along wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...