Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Little Mid-week Post

GR&DF, well here it is Wednesday - and the weather is in a cold holding pattern until this weekends' predicted rain.  They (our building's management) has decided to replace the deck around the pool.  We think it is going to be much wider.  The room is there but you never know - and heaven forbid they tell us anything!!  Last week we went down for a quick dip and the water was really very nice.  Since the pool is heated it was just about right.  

Last night I had a army of frogs visit - or I should say a knot of toads!!  I  must have put in and pulled out the same 3 stitches 4 times.  For some reason I just couldn't count to six.  I usually don't have that problem as 6 is a number I can get to without much help.  For some reason I just couldn't count and it was a real stretch for me - eventually I pulled out back 10 and re-stitched it all.  So frustrating!

There was no movie yesterday- instead we watched "Glee."  We saw the after Super Bowl "Glee" and now a second show this week - schweet!!!!!  The show is still very watchable - and the music arrangements always pretty good - so we are still fans!!  Talking about TV - we usually catch the "Wendy Williams Show" daily in the afternoon - and really enjoyed yesterdays HOT TOPICS.  So much gossip and Nene from the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" was a guest - she kept trying to play it cool and not really say anything during her interview, but Wendy kept digging away!!

That's about it for today sports fans - do stop by again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when the frogs come visiting? Sometimes that will happen to me in the evenings after working all day and I just give up and start over again the next day. Sometimes I have no patience!

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to send the frog to you, but he had to go somewhere! he has been a royal pain in my butt this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bit about six being a number you can usually get to without help just tickled me and had me laughing for ages. I'd gone onto read ac ouple of blogs but had to come back to tell you you gave me my best giggle of the day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the apres Super Bowl Glee. I recorded last night's and when I tried to watch it there was so many digital hiccups that I gave up in disgust. I hate Comcast sometimes, but next week I switch to U-verse and hopefully it will get better. Those pesky frogs can be so frustrating! Hang in there; your counting mojo will return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar, been away from the computer for a few days - glad you found out that you had a butter curler - and a very nice one at that!

    It is still too cool here for the frogs and I noticed that my toad house has toppled over in the garden, must get out there and set it right.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My old hs boyfriend is on Glee. Have I ever told you that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate it when the frogs come to visit. I couldn't get through the alphabet while stitching La-d-Da's ABCD to save my life! I think I've finally conquered it now though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar, I've been lurking a while, always like to consult your list of movies - it's a bit like cookies always taste better at someone else's house, you remind of films I'd like to see again! I've just watched "The Childrens Hour", Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Maclaine, 1961 - very good drama.

    I have problems with counting too, that and spatial awareness and bad eyesight for near-working. Hang n there - ribbit ribbit . . .

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain with the frogs and the counting. On some pieces I've stitched, I feel like I've spent more time "un-stitching" and "re-stitching" than I have on "forward" stitching. Ugh.

    Glee!! (What an aptly named show!) This is one of the few series that I feel gets better the longer it's on the air. Luv it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...