Monday, February 28, 2011

A Very Busy Weekend....

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends - Monday finds me here with a no snow report.  Not a flake - Not at a smidge - the only cold spot was the fridge.  A little silly this morning!!  The whole "storm" sort of blew through here on Friday and it was on the coldish side but never enough for any kind of freezing anything.  Then it was cold again on Saturday but by Sunday it was bright, sunny and warm enough to even throw the sliding door open on the veranda for a breeze or two.  Ah, the fickle weather.
__________

For the most part our weekend focus was on Aaliyah's 2nd Birthday Party we had at our house on Sunday.  Here is a snap of the Birthday Princess.....

It was a Tinkerbell Theme event.  We ordered a St Honore cake from Dianda's (our favorite Bakery) - here is a snap of that scrumptious thing....

All tarted out with Tinkerbell and the Tinkettes.  We had quite a few little kiddos and family in for lunch and cake.  I made some stuffed shells for the adults and we had pizza for the kids.  For a little kids party it sure took a lot of running around - back and forth to the party store for Balloons, gift bags and stuff to go in said bags, games and prizes.  By the end of the day we were just whipped.
__________

Did you see the Oscars last night??  I promised myself to keep things on an up note - all I can say is that they seemed to keep the show under time and sort of moving along.  No real surprises award wise.  There were some odd outfit choices.  I feel - and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this - It would seem that if you pay a stylist a bazillion buckaroos that they wouldn't put you in a colour dress that is unflattering or not tell you that you hair is a rats nest in need of a rat!!!!  If you aren't going for the rat then the very least it needs a brush through it!!  Buy a gosh darn comb for goodness sakes!!!!!!  I was again disappointed in the memoriam section of the evening - again finding it odd that they would leave out actors that had passed during the previous year???
__________

Oh well, there you go - no stitching at all over the weekend.  Thanks for stopping by - do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday to the little princess. She sure is cute!

    What sweet uncles you are to give her such a lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little birthday princess is a doll! She is lucky to have you and Rico giving her such a wonderful party! I agree about the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! I love princess parties! We didn't have many of those since DD wasn't a princess type. Happy belated birthday to the princess! The Oscars were fun. I love critiquing the dresses. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet child, you hosted for a birthday party. Happy Birthday to her!

    Weather here has been bizaar as well, snow and thunder and lightening in one fell swoop! Temps at 65* at 2 am and noon the next day 36*! Who would guess?

    Have a great week, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birthday princess is adorable! They sure do know how to tucker a person out, don't they?

    I watched the Oscars and wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birthday princess is adorable! They sure do know how to tucker a person out, don't they?

    I watched the Oscars and wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Aaliyah looks every bit the Princess....she is beautiful! & I love Tink!

    That looks like the yummiest cake I've ever seen!

    I thought the Oscars were okay but I did expect more after seeing the fun promos ("Wardrobe malfunction!"). At least it did seem to move along for the most part. IMHO the hosts were appealing (and I am not in their demographic!), but they could have been given better material. They should have let Anne sing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaliyah is a doll! I need a crown like that to wear around my house lest the boys in my household forget who the real boss really is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks wonderful; looks like a good (exhausting) time.

    I truly don't watch much TV, but as it happened we were watching The King's Speech at a friend's place b/c Marc wanted to see it last night while the big show was going on. I quite enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet looking birthday princess! You guys are fabulous to tackle that party. I wondered how much Scarlett Johanson paid to get her hair to look like mine with a bad case of bed head!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious little birthday princess. My little granddaughter, Kayla is totally into Tinkerbell, too. How sweet y'all are to go to all the trouble to make her day so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute birthday girl! Kids parties are a ton of work. I agree with you about the Oscars.... why people would pay to look the way some of them did... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about flying on in to Indianapolis on August 5th with one of those scrumptilicous things and with Tink and the Tinkettes for Ellie's birthday, we'll pick you up, let us know your arrival time ;o)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...