Friday, May 6, 2011

Shopping Sucks - and a Reminder

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends another week passes and we are at a two day break - woo hoo!!!!

Yesterday after work and after dog stuff we ran down to the Tanforan Mall - yep the Mall. Stopping off a Michael's first. I needed a couple of bits for the 4th Blogoversary Prize. There was actually a reason we made the trip to the mall - to buy some new clothes. Now I can wear the same old things for years - as long as its clean, pressed and at hand I really could care less. I have 6 pairs of jeans I rotate through and about 25 or so shirts and about two dozen low rise Converses Chucks (black) and there you go.



My work out fit (in fact it's how I dress everyday) - jeans a solid colour shirt, and Chucks. Fashion statement I am not. Now don't get me wrong - I enjoy Haute Couture and fashiony things, but on me - that ain't gonna ever happen. So after a handful of years everything starts to fade and get a bit worn - so it was off to the Mall to replenish.  There is a very specific style shirt I like and both Sears and Jacques Pennay carry them - and there are usually sales going on....  After about 20 minutes total shopping at both stores I had purchased 7 shirts in various colours, two more pairs of jeans and another pair of Chucks and I was set.  What sucked was at Sears is I found "my" shirts on sale at 40% off - so woohoo!!  When I got to the register there was a revelation - they were not actually on sale - I questioned the shop girl and so off we both went to check this supposed sale rack o'shirts.  Upon reaching the rack with the gigantic red 40% off sign it would seem that every shirt on said rack was not on sale but at full price -  so I had my "whatchu talkin about Willis" moment.  Then the really sweet shop gal said not to worry as the sign should not be there -  she was going to give me the shirts at the 40% off as listed - and then she removed the sign.   So I would guess that shopping doesn't really suck, but that little hiccups during the shopping suck. 

After the traumatic shopping - we headed off to Red Robin - I had delicious patty melt and some peach tea - and found that all was right in the world!!!
__________

Just a quick reminder that the 4th Blogoversary drawing closes tomorrow at 3 PM - if you've not thrown in and wanted to you still have time.  Just click HERE and it will take you to the post to enter.  I will announce the winner on my 4th Blogoversary, Monday!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your continued kindnesses towards me and my little Blog.  
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. Glad the sales lady did the right thing and give you your ENTITLED discount! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are small details to people that make me realize there are reasons we are drawn to eachother. I (of course) LOVE LOVE LOVE your stitching. I want to stitch like you when I grow up. But the pic of the chucks just solidified my reason for stopping by every day. I too LOVE Chucks. I quickly set out to get my DS some when he could wear shoes (first pair of sneakers). He has the exact same pair in a toddler size 6. Its about time to get a larger size so wish me luck on my shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! You sound like my husband. Standard outfit is definitely the way he goes too. He goes for cargo pants though. And sandals. (In NY, I know!) And he hates shopping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edgar,
    I am a lurker and read your blog daily. I just wanted to let you know, I suspect you know already though.....but at Em lis (the cross stitch site) she has bought up all the sheepish designs patterns from the original designer. She is selling them at the original prices. I know you like these designs because I have seen you mentioning them on your blog. Anyway I actually lucked into the Betsy pattern that I have been looking for ......for a long time. So if you are still missing and looking for any designs I would strongly suggest you try Em lis. By the way I am a great fan of your blog. I really enjoy all the stitching and stories you share. Thanks!
    Margie (in Ohio)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar! All"s well that ends well with your shopping trip!!! That peach tea sounds soooo nice, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the sales clerk honored the store's error. Otherwise, I'd be false advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Edgar!!! Kindred spirit here in the clothing department. Four pair of Lee denim jeans and 2 dozen animal/flower print tops with 6 colored t-shirts. Also one really good pair of adidas cross-country running shoes for those 8 hours of standing on bare cement warehouse/stockroom floors. Glad you scored the extra %-off on the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the sales person honoured the sign. Here in Australia they must do that by law when they stuff it up, but many an argument does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edgar. I don't really mind shopping too much. I do it so rarely that it's always new and different. Usually I get new clothes from mom for Christmas and my birthday cause I can't afford to buy them myself. Luckily, mom and I have similar tastes!! Glad you got a good deal on your shirts. YOu can't beat that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Edgar, how I wish more people would get right with the world via a pattymelt and a cup of peach tea!
    gailaDianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edgar,
    Love reading your blog almost every day. Your stitching is just grand. I too have been stitching for years and everytime I try something new like rug hooking or punch needle all I want to do is cross stitch. It's the one constant in my life. And now I read blogs about it. OMG Thanks for keeping your blog updated for us all. Kathy S

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't enjoy shopping much, but I do love a bargain! I am glad you were able to keep the 40% off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good work. Couldn't have happened to a better guy and then eats afterwards. I would have called that a very good day!! I have had a similar experience with Sears when I cashed my points in one Christmas to buy my DS surround sound sytem...they had 30% off the system ,then my points money, then a scratch and save...I thought they were going to owe me at the end of it all...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad the shopping trip wasn't a bust! Jacob loves Chucks too! I want a pair in pink! lol

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...