Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Shorty Posting

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends  - I would like to welcome all the new folks stopping by for a visit!!  - and - welcome to all my new followers!!  That clunk was my jaw hitting the ground at the sweet comments being posted along with your BOD Entries.  I am reading them and warmness fills me to over flowing!!! 
__________

The stitching last night was more angel wing or I should say more "Straw Bonnet" - a rather dull colour, but necessary.  I almost got there, but the call of the chip was too great and so I put down the stitching and picked up the Lays Bag - crunchy deliciousness!!!


__________

The flicker for the evening - after watching a NEW, really good "Glee" (don't you just love Fleetwood Mac!!)  - was a documentary called "Note by Note: The Making of Steinway L1037" - 2007 - A fascinating look inside the Steinway factory in Queens, New York.  The film follows the construction of a concert grand piano - from forest to showroom.  It takes about twelve months to make one of the magnificent things. What this film does is go from department to department watching all the thousands of things it takes to make a single piano come together .  They spend time talking and interviewing all the dedicated craftsmen involved - from actual construction to the fine tuning.  The film also includes interviews with the end users of such a wonderful instrument - Harry Connick Jr, Lang Lang and other pianists.   I really enjoyed this film and at about 81 minutes you sort of zip along without a dull moment - it almost seems too short.

There you go sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by, and for you wonderful comments!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. I may actually have to find and watch that documentary as I love piano and hope one day to actually own a grand. Although I prefer Yamaha (Steinways are a little harder on the touch in my opinion).

    [sigh] Someday....

    Meanwhile my portable Clavinova will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched glee yet (I was busy making cinnamon coffee cake for a birthday at work today), but I'm very excited to see it! I LOVE Fleetwood Mac!

    I'll have to find that documentary -- as a former music student, that kind of thing just fascinates me. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned my lesson with chips. I'm not a chip eater, but last summer I discovered the many yummy varieties. I devoured several bags of chips a week, and they were specialty brands, not just the regular. My blood pressure shot up about 20 points. Chips nixed here! (I can't eat just one, or even 10).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lays - my favourite chips (or crisps as we call them here) Shame we can't buy them here though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it that I had absolutely no thoughts of potato chips until the glowing yellow bag appeared? Now, I need some real bad. When it comes to stitching and eating, I'm so weak. I want it once I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. darn't it I miss all the best programmes .. have plinked on one or two grand piano's .. my singing's better though ..lol :) love mouse .. who is trying hard not to think of food darn it didn't work off to find a biscuit to nibble on ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was excited to read your post about the Steinway... I work at a performing arts complex and we just purchased a Steinway - with the official unveiling happening on May 18th! Want to come to Kingston Ontario to hear one live?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm... Chips. I haven't had chips in a long while. I may have to get some at the store when I go. Glad you enjoyed the film. It sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My new favorite lays chips are dill pickle. I have a new addiction. They are delicious. And no one in the family likes them but me.....LOL
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, the call of the chip! For me it is the call of the peanut. I enjoyed Glee as well... love Sue Sylvester pretending to be Ann Coulter.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...