Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Tasty Cake Recipe

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends this is the wrap up post for the week.  I will be out tomorrow but I will be back on Monday morning.  We really do not have any solid plans for the next three days - just keeping things on the less structured side - I think it will be more relaxing for the Baby Sister.  She spends her life running here, there and yonder - with one teenager and one preteen it is a very busy household!!  She comes in this afternoon and we are running out to the airport to get her - I can't wait... it should be lots of  fun.  I know that on the agenda are visits to a few of the knitting stores here in the city.  While SF really has no cross stitching places there are quite a few knitting and yarn places.  Since I do not knit or crochet I never go, so this will be a learning experience for me.  I think the biggest decision this evening is where to eat - shall we do the deliciousness that is Patxi's Pizza or the deliciousness that is Alice's Chinese yummniess????  Such hard decisions!!!
__________

I posted the recipe for the Pineapple Upside Down cake this morning over at Blacksheep Bakes.  You can click HERE to get over to there.  I found the recipe by just doing a quick search online.  I had a recipe that I liked but I thought there might be a better one out there somewhere.  The site I found was the PA Farm Show Site - 2011.  

Judging the Pineapple Upside Down Cakes - 2011 - PA Farm Show

I just love good old fashioned tried and true recipes and since this was the 1st Place Winner of the Pineapple Upside Down Cakes there must be something to it.  The baker who entered this cake was  Sally Reinoehl  from Valley View Pennsylvania.  She hit a home run IMHO!!!!  It is an easy recipe that uses things that are found in most cupboards.  Kudos and my hat is off to Miss Sally!!!!  The only thing I would do different is to throw some walnuts around in the topping, but that's because I love me some walnuts!!
_________

There you go sports fans.  Thank you once again for stopping by and for leaving such super comments!!!  Have a great weekend!!

Take Care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your sisters visit Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to try this recipe. Pineapple Upside Down cake is my favorite after chocolate. Sometimes I make it with a twist - I use Gingerbread as the cake and then do everything else the same with the pineapple, cherries and brown sugar. It's really good especially hot out of the oven with some whipped cream.

    I hope that you have a great time with your sister while she's here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend with your sister and stay out of trouble!! Remember, she's escaping from a teenager and pre-teen - anything could happen - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with Sissy! I see Imagiknit in your future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough choices for you! I'd go with Alice's. Friday is the day for pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend Edgar and enjoy your visit with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edgar! wishing you an abfab long weekend with your sister. Sounds like it is going to be real fun!!!! Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy your time with your sister. It's always nice to have family to visit! I hope you enjoy the knitting shops too! It's always fun to learn about something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edgar, Have lots of fun with your sister! SF sounds like Seattle, no real cross stitch shops but tons of knitting shops! While they can be very lovely, it doesn't make up for NO cross stitch shops. At any rate, have a terrific week-end with your sister and Rico.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...