Thursday, May 5, 2011

Warm Weather and an Itallian Love Story

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends yesterday we had a really warm day here in the City by the Bay.  It got into the low 80's - which is way off for this area and time of year.  But, it was only one day and now the temps has been cool all night and it is not supposed to get much more than the mid to low 70's.  The one or two day warm spot is what keeps me loving the city.  Yes, we have great places to visit, lovely eateries and enough coffee shops to caffinate a small country.... but the weather is so very lovely!!  Growing up in the deep south I remember the months and months of hot sweltering humid days..... but give me the SF fog and cool breezes every time - I just love them!!!
_________

For the last couple of evenings I have been stitching hard at the 4th Blogoversary Gift.  It is coming along nicely and I do hope whomever receives my little package enjoys everything as much as I am enjoying the stitching.  I am dumbfounded by the response to my little Gift-a-way - I just checked and there are over 230 comments on that particular post - which doesn't count the entries as that number will be much greater with multiple chances.  Thank you all for entering and for the wonderful comments!!!  If you haven't entered the drawing and would still like to - there is time - just click HERE to get to the post.
__________

I finished up a great little book yesterday - "A Thousand Days in Venice - an Unexpected Romance" - by Marlena de Blasi.  It was a really tremendous book.  Along with "A Thousand Days in Tuscany" and "The Lady in the Palazzo" these books make up a really wonderful triptych.  I would highly recommend them for a good read, but, read them in order and not like I did backwards.  The story begins in Venice  - then moves to Tuscany - then wraps up with Palazzo.  It so reminded me of my visit to Italy and the time I spent in Venice.  I would go back in a NY minute!!  There is a reason the city is called the "Queen of the Adriatic"... she's a gorgeous city full of wonderful things!!!
__________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do come again.

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Don't you love the weather? Well, at least for us, the spring weather is just a luxury! lol! The book sound interesting. I'll have to go check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "a thousand days in Venice". Read it before I went. Reading can take us so many places as does stitching.

    Tamara, Lolly's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun stitching
    (Beautiful photo by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the weather we've been having too, it can't seem to make its mind up here!
    I've been to Rome, which is beautiful, but never Venice, I shall have to look out for that book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Venice! Thanks for the book recommendation, I am always looking for something new to read. What's not to like about an unexpected romance? I have a feeling I would love SF weather too. I grew up in Calgary and I really dislike the bitter cold...I live in Virginia and am not much fonder of melting...though the humidity is great for skin and hair.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...