Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Stitching and Stuff

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends - woowzers - how can I get my BFH (big fat head) through the door anymore?  I was just blown away this morning with all the kind comments about my framed stitching.  As you probably remember I avoid "like the plague" the computer during the weekend.  So I didn't see any of your nice words until this morning.  I have reworked the "sampler wall" but I am still not 100% happy with the results, so I am holding off with a snap of it until I get it fixed.
__________

I did some stitching over the weekend - I finished up square 6 - June on the LHN Monthlies piece.  Here is a snap-a-roo...


For some reason I really enjoyed this square immensely.  
At the half way point now, this piece as it is making up quite fast.

and

I also started up ATS yesterday.  So I have a snap of the bit I have done so far.....


It looks kind of silly at the moment, but I love the colours and the stitching is easy enough.  I have at hand as I stitch copies of all the suggestions and errors that other stitchers have pointed out or noticed as they worked their way through ATS. 
_________

We made it out to a few Estate sales and all I picked up where a few books...


I picked up a couple of Christmas books, the second Volume of Mastering French Cooking and a great quilt book.  The Quilt book was printed in the mid 70's and I would presume long out of print.  I love the reading the interviews of these quilters and seeing the quilts they made.
__________

I also did some baking yesterday.  I made a couple of loaves of Poticia (Potcia) - a Slovenian Nut Roll - I followed the recipe, but made a couple of minor changes....

I added nutmeg (of course) to the filling, and made a lemony icing for the top.  Traditionally only icing sugar is sprinkled over the finished product - but -   I really didn't want to throw away the lemon since all I had used was the rind in the filling.  I had never made this before and learned lots so that next time I make it ( and there  will be a next time) there will be changes....  all that aside, I think it is quite tasty!!  - and I am enjoying some with a cup of coffee as I type this mornings Post.
__________

There you go sports fans.  Thank you all so very much again for your super comments - I appreciate them and the time you take to leave them.  Stop back again for more of my ongoing babbling!! 

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. Your latest LHN Monthly is lovely Edgar! I'll enjoy your progress on ATS - I'm sure you will do a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I haven't started ATS yet and don't know about all of the mistakes - care to share or point me in the direction. I know there are mistakes in Hannah Pepper but haven't started that one yet either. So many to stitch so little time - I need faster fingers!
    Hope you enjoyed coffee and treat - it looks really good.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little block looks very, very cute.

    I started ATS quite some time ago and put it aside to do some model stitching for my mom. Hmmm, keep posting progress pics, maybe you'll inspire me to pull mine back out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the progress on your LHN Monthlys wonderful work :)

    OK so now I will have to pop over to your baking blog and get this recipe, looks so yummy. TFS!

    Hope your Monday speeds by. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar :) love the lhn one :) don't know the other one yet heheheh .. mmm now you have made me hungry nooooooo ..lol love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that June block in the LHN series. So pretty! I can see why you enjoyed it! Love ATS -- mine is languishing away at the moment. You always bake the most amazingly yummy looking things! I need to get my DH busy with his baking! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your progress on ATS. It is one lovely piece I know you will give it the special Edgar touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Slovenian Nut Roll looks fabulous. I'd like to come over and try some, lol. Good work on your new piece. You stitch so fast in comparison to me, lol. I like July, the colors are great. Hope you're having a good day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your June blocls looks wonderful, i love your start on ATS. Going to have to try that recipe thats looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed your post on Fri. But have to comment on how beautiful the projects turned out. I did "Emblem of Love" in shades of blue. Yours looks much brighter and happy. It's just lovely. The other one is also quite beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. June block looks lovely! Looking forward to your progress on ATS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the June Square -charming pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous stitching, and that nut roll looks really tasty (must not drool on keyboard...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching looks great, and I just have to say...."Gnome's Christmas"??? Squeeeee! I've always loved the original Gnome book (and have even stitched one of them!), now I'll have to be on the look-out for the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a good weekend, stitching, shopping, and baking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always drool all over your baking....it always looks super yummy! LHN Months is looking great, my Mom has stitched all of these ones too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what beautiful stitching.
    Your baking has made my mouth water so I'm off to make a cup of tea and search for some goodies.

    Happy stitching to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your June block is lovely. After looking at ATS the soundtrack I have playing in my head is 'Walk like an Egyptian' , probably just because of the arm position... and I haven't had my second cappuccino yet, so can hardly be expected to be rational. I'd love to see a pic of your reworked wall.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...