Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Weekend Treat

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I do thank you so much for all the kind words about my little stitching wall. I really enjoy seeing the completed pieces out on the wall and not wrapped up in the completed box.  It was still very windy yesterday and still on the cool side.  I have been keeping track of the weather in Florida and it is in the upper 80's there - so going from the mid to upper 50's here to that heat will be an adjustment... to say the least.  I can feel the sweat already starting to pop out!!  Elisa mentioned in her comment about yesterdays post about needing a "cherry stone spittoon"  now imagine me just popping the fresh cherries into my mouth one after another next to the kitchen trash can - so that I can just spit the stones out. - pop and spit - its a real picture.  Not very glamorous, but it works and those cherries are so very good!!
__________

I wanted to mention a little cake I baked up this weekend - simple and tasty - I posted the information on Blacksheep Bakes so you can click HERE to see that.  

It is called Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake....


The recipe makes a single cake - and works up really fast....


It went really well with a cup of coffee yesterday - and with all my weekend treats this was enjoyed by Rico's work buddies.

Yes, Melody ... I would love to have the Spritz cookie recipe. Thank you so much for sharing!!
__________

Not much else going on - I did some laundry last night and have packed up a small baglette to take.  I am getting picked up tonight at around 8 Pm for my Red Eye to Florida - so this time tomorrow I'll be enjoy all that heat and sunshine.

There you go sports fans - I'll be back in a couple of weeks!!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. See Edgar I now have a vision of you launching cherry stones out of your mouth into the kitchen bin...lol. That cake looks scrummy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip to Florida. And that coffeecake just makes my mouth water. It looks soooo goood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip! Wave to my folks for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! The cake looks delicious.

    I hope you have a fantastic time in Florida! It's in the upper 80s here too, but with all the windows open and the fan going it's just so pleasant. Travel safe, and see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the cake looks good! Have a safe trip and a great time with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip to our "Sunshine State"! Are you going to be visiting any of our local needlework stores? Stash makes a wonderful souvenir! :)
    Have a great visit with your mom. I'm sure she'll be over-joyed and blessed to see you!!!
    Our temps have been warm but with low humidity - here's hoping that holds true during your entire visit!! Happy trails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks like another winner. I love pecans so I'll definitely have to try this out.

    Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not fair -- the cherries here are through the roof price-wise. I have to wait till later in the summer. :( That coffee cake looks so good! Have to hop over to the other blog. :D Have a good time in FL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks scrumptious!

    Enjoy your trip to FL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful trip and take plenty of snaps for sharing here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coffee cake looks great Edgar. I hope you enjoy your time in the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dieting and trying to lose weight. STOP posting these yummy cake recipes! LOL
    All kidding aside, have a wonderful trip.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great trip and enjoy that beautiful heat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edgar: are you EVER coming home????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're having a nice vacation....we miss you! I had to come check out your blog again and see if the reason you weren't posting was here somewhere...I'd forgotten you were leaving, lol!
    At least you know you're missed ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...