Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Weekend Things

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thank you so much for all the kind comments - you all certainly bolster my self esteem to no end!!!  I do love a visit to "Needle in a Haystack" - not only is it a great store but so nice to visit and just look!!  It is also great to be able to bounce ideas off the staff, they are so helpful with everything.  My visit as i said I took a list of things I was interested in and they went out of their way to find a book for me that I wanted to see - after looking through the book it was easy to pass on it and so I saved myself $27 - that I could put else where.
__________

On Sunday after Mass and some super scrumptious pancakes at Eddie's we headed over to our (I can get so possessive sometimes) Farmers Market - and here are some snaps.....

There where some beautiful peppers.....


My weekly adoration of the the tomato snap......


These where really great looking stone fruit....


There are still some great looking peaches coming out of the Valley - even this late in the season.
__________

On Sunday I baked up a quick Coffee Cake using the last of my Black Berries - I have made this before and you can click HERE to go to BBB for the recipe.  Here is a snap...


I left off any glaze and added an additional 1/2 Cup of berries to this cake -  and the cake was super moist and real berry-licious!!
__________

I finished up a great Biography of Judy Holliday - written in 1982 it covers her life and career very well.   It is the only Biography that is out there for Judy.  A great read!!


__________

There you go sports fans - thanks again for stopping by, and for taking the time to comment!  
Do come again.

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your market pictures and that coffee cake looks scrumptious. I need to get over to BBB to get the recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo just putting the kettle on to have a piece of that scrummy cake with it ;0 how do you take your's .lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see your vegetable/fruit pictures, I want to do a watercolor of them....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always take the greatest pictures of the farmer's markets. I wish we had a good one around here. Yum! That coffee cake looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have a farmers market like that. The visity to the needle store looked like a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to try that blackberry coffee cake. We have tons of wild blackberries growing around here. When you walk you can see where children have picked all the low berries. I always enjoy your market photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still drooling over your market!!
    That cake sounds so scrumptious!
    Now I just have to see if there's any blackberries left at our market. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I want to know is--what is stone fruit?? Hope the book was a happy portrayal--she was always so perky in her movies! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we had markets like you do there in SF, makes me want to hop across the pond and join you!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...