Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Florida Food - or how's that Gator Tail??

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends your warm sweet welcoming comments are just great and I do thank you all so very much!!  
__________

Our Christmas Trip Home was really super, we didn't do anything spectacular, but just sort of enjoyed each others company.  I got in Friday and over the weekend helped with the decorating of my Mom's house.  At 85 she ain't as spry as she once was!!  My sister and niece came in on Monday evening so I drove over to Orlando to pick them up - and Interstate 4 between Daytona and Orlando is a complete free for all - even going 75 or 80 miles and hour - I was being passed up like I was putting along at 20!  It was a super gorgeous day and I had my Mom's convertible - so I was jut tooling along with the top down enjoying the drive.  As dusk settled in it was less glamorous and a bit chilly - so when I arrived at the airport I pulled the top back up.

John and my nephew got in on Wednesday  - also into Orlando - but rented a car so he drove himself over to Daytona.  We did a lot of running around and went down to pick up some lunch - we headed over to Caribbean Jacks - which is right on the Halifax River with docks for landing boats.  I got some snaps....

This is the front - a little non plain...

sitting next to a sweet niece I had a great view!!

 Some of the great boats moored up along side of the restaurant

more great boats..


 and I ordered some delicious fried gator tail - love the stuff!!!  It came with a delicious spicy Creole mayonnaise dipping sauce..

 John had some crazy Caribbean burger and rings

another super boat!!

It was a really lovely lunch.  The tables where all covered and the double seats acted like gliders so you could eat, glide and catch the wonderful balmy breezes off the water -
___________

There you go for today sports fans - 
check back tomorrow for more of the continuing Christmas Trip.

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. I love Fla. I also love Johns idea of a meal yummy hambergers any way is o.k. with me. A convertable oh my how great is that wow, lucky.
    Happy New Year.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived in FL most of my life, but just don't have the courage to eat gator tail---but if I didn't know what it was in advance would probably eat it. Glad you enjoyed "our" weather and had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cold gray day we are having here in Seattle makes me enjoy your pictures even more!!!For me, FL is a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there! Most of the time Too HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting here trying to warm up from outside where it's cold and windy. So seeing the lovely pics of Florida and the bay and all is great! Warms me right up! So are those really gator tails??? Ew. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo sounds like a fun ride with the convertible .. and yuk gator tails yewwwww ...lol think I would have stuck to a small burger .... glad you have a lovely time with your family too :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I do miss Florida, especially as I look out my window at all the blowing snow. Not quite as balmy a breeze as you were experiencing!
    I've yet to give Gator Tails a try. I'm not as brave about that sort of thing as I was when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time. Gator tail - I didn't even know that you could eat that, but it does sound interesting! I'd try anything once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lived in Florida for many a year ... that was years ago ... & it does hold some good memories : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to eat! I love that view!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does gator tail taste like chicken or is it an acquired taste? Sounds like a fun lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely. I didn't know people ate alligator, better than the other way round I suppose, but I now have this mental image of the poor things all running around without their tails...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Piccies Edgar. Glad to hear that you and Rico and your family had a great Christmas. Wishing you all the best for 2012 from across the pond.

    {{hugs}}} Elisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edgar, I am glad you had a great trip to FL with family. 80 degrees and the beach does sound lovely after a few days of windy 40 degrees here in DC. Glad you are back. I missed you. Marty

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...