Wednesday, January 11, 2012

GO ECU!!!! or I Got Some Super Mail!!!

Blogging Buddies thank you so much for your super comments about my less than stellar start.  I did work some on "Tis the Season" last night, but there was also Edward VII to watch so again there was not much to show... and so no snperoo of that today.

I did want to show what came in the mail yesterday form my Friend in North Carolina - Dale - he knows what a nut I am about my Alma mater - East Carolina - and so he sent me some ECU stuff - and I got a snap...


he sent me a great new scarf, a reusable bag and some red skin peanuts.  I always have my reusable bags when I go to the store and now I have an ECU to add to the bunch.  I got a set of Envirosax about 7 years ago and they are still going strong, but I can always use another to help with the groceries.  The peanuts are great, because we can not get them out here - and I do love a good crunchy/sugar nut to snack on.  So easy to make, and you really miss them when you can't make then in the Fall when the peanut crops come in. - Thank you so much Dale!!
_____________

The mail also brought me "February Cottage" and a few other bits and pieces for stitching - so I can get a little start on it at some point.
_____________

Don't forget about the Great SF Gift-a-way  - we are down to the last 3 days to sign up.  You can click HERE to get to the post to sign up.  I can't believe that there are way over 100 of you dear folks signed up!!  Thanks!!!!!!
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for stopping by, do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. I bet you enjoyed receiving this package from Dale. It's good to see his name again too. Hope he's doing well. Purple pride, huh? Great colors from your Alma Mater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to have something wonderful in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kind friend to send you such a perfect package! Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar, no wonder I like you...your a southern boy! I'm a reconstructed yankee. I moved to Virginia from San Juan Capistrano, CA in the 1980's. Marrying a southerner and giving birth to three babes born on southern soil makes me a southerner, so I am told.
    My alma mater is VCU! Hope you won't kick me off your list after that admission:-)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful package!! Don't you just love it when the mail brings something other than bills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mail day! I try to get a reusable bag from each place we visit while traveling. I now have them from PA, NJ, ME, NH, and of course KY! They spur alot of looks and questions at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo what a goody bag of gifts you got there ... and I use re usuable bags when ever I can too ...can't wait to see your start on your Feb cottage ... :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great goodies in the mail! It is always fun to come home to a surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edgar,

    Love your blog! I've been reading it but not commenting for almost a year and yes my resolution is.. to comment! Love your stitching. You brighten an already bright day! How's that! Enjoy your package.

    Fee.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...