Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Little Tin Tin and a bit of Quaker

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thanks so much for stopping by  - the rain has let up for a bit this morning, but another wave is on its way by this evening and through the weekend....  looks like some serious NB (numb butt) for me in the near future!!!
__________

Netflix came through again!!  I love that service of DVD's waiting for me when I get home!!  I got a copy of "The Adventures of Tin Tin" - 2011


Let me start off with a rousing - HUZZAH!!!  I really enjoyed this film - although the plot points were painfully obvious and it was like a roller coaster watching the film - it was a great piece of animation and the music by John Williams certainly was worthy of an Oscar Nomination.  The film is based on a character created by Belgium artist Georges Remi who wrote under the pen name Herge.  You can click HERE to read all about the books and a little history of Tin Tin.  I liked just about everything about the film and was pleased to see the ending set up the film for a sequel!
__________

I started to stitch on a section of a Round Robin Quaker piece last night.  Here is a tasty sneak peak of this gorgeous piece......


I'll reveal an overall shot once I have completed my little corner.
__________

I think that's all for today sports fans. Do stop by again!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Stay warm, dry and safe, kiddo...and enjoy your weekend of NB, as those forced "stay in and stitch" all weekend moments are rare and far between in our hectic lives. :) I can imagine that you may even have some of those always amazing looking, home cooked treats waiting for your weekend.
    The RR piece is gorgeous! I can't wait to see your addition.
    Thanks for the review of "Tin Tin," as I have been wanting to add it to our NF queue.
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edgar! The Quaker project looks wonderful...can't wait to see more! I started my first Quaker project about 2 yrs ago in reds. I love it but it's now at the bottom of the WIP basket. Sadly I think it will be there for a little longer! Rainy days are a good excuse to do more stitching...so to that I say "enjoy the rain"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Quaker project! Enjoy your NB weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Quaker sampler looks wonderful... I can't wait to see the entire sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sampler is beautiful. I can't wait to see the whole thing when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Quaker Sampler looks pretty! And Tin Tin -- I think perhaps I'll get my two guys to watch it with me. I think they might like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sampler. Eager to see the whole finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Quaker! I have been working on and off of Mary Wigham this year, and that bird on the basket is where I left off. Seeing yours makes me want to visit mine! Looking forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Quaker piece Edgar!! Love the colours!! As for Tin Tin, haven't seen the movie yet..I think it's not out anymore :( We'll have to get it when it comes out here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Quaker piece is turning out so lovely Edgar...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love Quaker pieces, looking forward to seeing this one opened up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fabulous Edgar! I can't wait to see what you do on my Round robin! Thanks so much. What a dear friend you are.
    I haven't seen Tin Tin yet. I will have to put that in the queue.
    I'm still composing an e-mail. It's been crazy here the past few days, so hopefully I can finish it up tonight.
    Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see the movie and the Quaker piece. CJ in OK ;-)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...