Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Movie Stuff

Gentle Friends your wonderful comments about the Exchange were so nice, and I do thank you!!
____________

Yesterday the mail bought a couple of things I bought from Amazon a while back and were back ordered for some reason...


... when these books first hit the shelves I knew I wanted them.  Last night I only quickly perused them, and they are both just full of stills from the films and lots of photo's from their each of their lives and careers.  Although the info on each film is a bit scant in the Elizabeth book it's the pictures that really make the book super.
_______________

Last night was a Netflix Pix - a real "feel good" film called "Big Miracle" - 2012 - starring John Krasinski, Drew Barrymore, Ted Danson and Kathy Baker.  Based on a true story this film set in Barrow, Alaska follows the fate of a family of Grey whales that are caught in rapidly forming ice in the


Beaufort Sea - just north of Barrow.  The film shows the coming together of Governments, public and private agencies and just plain town folks in a massive effort to save these majestic animals.  I enjoyed this film and really liked the idea that the whales were the focus of the film. I would totally recommend this film!
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

2 comments:

  1. Well Dear Edgar you have books on two of my favorite women...now if you had Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford you had have my top four favorite women.
    Every time I see a pic of Judy I have to start talking like her and I tend to sing my conversations the rest of the day.

    Thanks for the Netflix movie tip I will save it and watch it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read the Judy Garland book, i will have to check at my local library for that one.

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...