Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thrifting Thursday

Gentle Friends, its almost the end of the week and the heat here by the Bay is going to break this afternoon.  I was watching the news before leaving this morning and the cool ocean breezes are pushing onto land in the next few hours and we'll be back in the 60's quickly!!  It was 98 in my car, SoMA, at 2:00pm yesterday and 68 in the car this morning - but, it has been two three days since I've had on a sweatshirt.
______________

Saturday was a lovely day, bright and sunny, with the prospect of the regular thrifting we do, there was also the prospect of a few estate sales to pop in on......  I found a few choice bits.....


from l to r - a great divided relish/sauce dish of cut crystal (Heisey) with a sterling, gadrooned foot, a split oak "buttocks" egg basket, a Longaberger basket, an aluminum kitchen utensil, an R&B silver nut dish and a copy of "A Visit from St Nicholas/Night Before Christmas" in Spanish......

... the divided dish I found at one of the estate sales, and it was a piece that I thought was priced a little on the high side, so I walked away from it on Saturday.  After Mass, then a quick breakfast and a stop at Trader Joe's on Sunday, I was still thinking about it.........  I knew that everything that was left at the sale would be half price, so I drove on over and it was still sitting in the dinning room so I snapped it up for a super price.

I have been asked by more than a couple of folks what I do with all the "stuff" I pick up at sales and thrifting.  A very valid question, most of the things I just live with for a while.  After that I make the descisioin to keep a few things the rest of the stuff..... I divest myself of either through local dealers I know or pass things on or just sell things outright on the Bay of Evil. I usually don't pay too much for things and get quite a few bargains, so it is amazing what a tidy little extra income I can generate on eBay by just staying within my comfort zone of knowledge.
________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. The "Bay of Evil"....love it!!
    I pass by the Longaberger Factory at least once a year. There is a big gymnastics competition in that area. The kids love to see that building. It's shaped like a huge basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Great finds, yes I think we are all addicted to the bay of evil, I too sell on the evil site every once in a while.

    Blessings

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we have your ebay name to follow you there too?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the basket! All great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could we have your ebay name so that we could buy some of the great things you find.

    I would love to go on a shopping trip with you. You really have a talent for finding such great things.

    Jim&barbara

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...