Friday, May 1, 2015

Bringing Back Film Friday

Gentle Friends, I want to get back to talking about some of the movies I've been watching, the Posts will be  a great record for me (my mind is like a sieve sometimes) and I hope you find it interesting...........
______________

The other evening from Netflix came....


"Anonymous" - 2011 - starring... Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave, Joely Richardson, David Thewlis, Xavier Samuel, Sebastian Armesto and Rafe Spall....

.......let's just say up front that I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

The basic premise of the story is that Shakespeare was almost illiterate and could barely write his name and became the literary front for Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford who was prolific a prolific well educated playwright and poet.  It is the Oxfordian Theory of Shakespeare Authorship.  In a nutshell the theory is that Edward De Vere wrote all the Plays and Poems attributed to Shakespeare -  or you can click and read more on Wikipedia.

Although the film was not well received by the critics, I thought the film was stupendous and the story was very much built on conjecture it's one of those films that is "food for thought."  Well acted, they captured the look of late Elizabethan England was completely spot on.  The film is well worth a couple of hours watching all the intrigue and court politics.  I also liked the story jumping back and forth across the decades - keeps one on their toes and paying attention.  For me it is a film I will watch again, and if I find a copy somewhere it will go into the ever growing DVD/BluRay Library.  

_____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by dos top again and have a super weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Yippee, Film Friday is back! I always enjoy your film reviews. I've been introduced to many movies that I never would have tried otherwise. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you reviewed this film. I just got it from Netflix. Now I'm really looking forward to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to watch this one for a long time and then completely forgot about it. thank you for bringing it up!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...