Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Little Sushi

Gentle Friends...The other night we were coming off our most recent "heat wave" and again nobody at my house wanted to cook..... so we headed down the hill to .....

..... Hamano Sushi....



.... they have a pretty extensive menu... this is the sushi/sashimi page.....

.... Rico does not eat any type of seafood, I on the other hand love the stuff, so when I can get him to go "Fishy" we go somewhere he can get some sort of bento box type thing....  he got chicken teriyaki.....I on the other hand must have sushi..

..... this is a snap I found on line of the sushi chefs from Hamano.... we don't sit at the sushi bar, that would be just to much fish for Rico......

.....  I got a couple of things I really enjoy, a Tempura Roll, Tobiko (flying fish roe), Tako (octopus) and something I hadn't tried before.....

 Amaebi (sweet shrimp)..... since I had never ordered this - when the second crunchy part came.....

....  even I was a bit startled.  It was really delicious as always!!!  We are really lucky to have so many nice restaurants within walking distance!!!
_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again !!

Take care,
egar

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Impressive presentation.

    I picked up some Sushi from Kroger last week (tuna and salmon) and my four year old refused to eat her plate but wanted Mommy's "fish" (how she knew it was fish is beyond me because I don't eat sushi that often and we don't eat fish that much either because the girls won't eat it). I gave her a piece, she sniffed it and that was that. My husband maintains that "you forgot to cook it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Rico on this one. So glad you enjoyed it though. I usually go for the yakitori or Katsudon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ama-ebi! Thanks for yet another great restaurant recommendation/review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great dinner! Except for the English menu, it looks like it could be Japan. Even Japanese beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eating habits go more along with Rico. But it does look like a great place and anywhere is better than cooking on a hot night. We have had way too many of those this summer. We've been eating lots of salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'd have to eat with Rico, also!
    The place looks like fun though, and the food presentation is really impressive! That second part is a little bit wild looking, but again it's
    impressive!! Glad it was good!
    Rico should order a hamburger next time, just to see what they'd do!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rico and I could sit together, I'm not a fish person! It does all look so beautifully presented on the plates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so so good! Not sure about that last pic though. Yikes! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to side with that level-headed Rico on this one :) SORRY Edgar... I can eat fish and chips and even some smoked salmon on occasion but the bento box would have been my choice too! :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...