Wednesday, September 23, 2015

# 13 of 50 - "The Real Korean Taco"

Gentle friends... I've not done much stitching lately, my tendinitis has been acting up a bit ....  but that doesn't deter me from surfing the web.....  and in surfing about I found a list with the title.... "The 50 Things You need to Eat in SF Before you Die."  Now, if that doesn't sound like a challenge I don't know what does!!!!   - and - Rico and I had just been talking about how our life has been then same old, same old for so long and we need to break out of doing and going to the same places all the time.  Well, all this occurred in the the same week and now I determined that with a little push I'm going to see how much of the list I can try......

Fist up on the list took me about 20 minutes of circling block after block trying to find parking eventually I did find a spot, but I ended up 3 blocks away.  Located across the street from the newly renovated and lovely Dolores Park is the restaurant
 Namu Gaji........

.... the restaurant is on the small side but well lit with tons of natural light ...
... I went up to place my order of 1 real Korean Taco and I needed a drink, so I got a really delicious strawberry lemonade..  the gal behind the counter explained that the taco was on the small side and really an appetizer, I told her I just needed to eat the one and it would be fine.....

....  the taco consists of...."seasoned rice, kinchee remoulade, toasted kim, on nori with a choice of tofu, chicken or bulgogi beef, I chose beef  (bulgogi beef is Korean marinated and grilled beef) - let me tell you this damn thing was simply delicious!!!!  No two words about it, to die for and I could have eaten a couple more, but I was kinda in a hurry, but next time and there will be a next time!!

...  from where I was sitting I could look out onto Dolores Park ....

The whole experience was great, easy ordering, quick table delivery, but the down side is the parking and the restaurant is small, so I can see it getting crowded on the weekends and nice afternoons.  It is located next to another SF landmark of sorts, "The Creamery," a great place to get ice cream in the city!!
__________________

Well sports fans, that's 1 down 49 more to go...... thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. I hear you...my left elbow has been killing me for days. But I stitch with a stand so I can stitch one handed. right only, it takes longer but I cannot Not stitch. You new adventure in dining sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious! I understand about taking a break from stitching - I hope your tendonitis calms down! Always love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I always like to see your food posts because it looks so much more interesting than we get in England. x

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...