Friday, June 3, 2016

A Little Bakin'

Gentle Friends, over the looong weekend I got a wild hair and wanted to make some "Sausage Pinwheels."  I think I might have done a post about them a long time ago, but they never hurt from a re-posting... a little back story...These are something my mom used to make and I 've been eating them for decades...or for as long as I can remember.  There are only three ingredients and they are super easy to make.......

... my tweaks to the original incarnation... are to use 1/2 & 1/2 and 2 lbs of sausage, 1lb regular and 1lb hot mixed together...

... you start off by making one recipe of the Bisquick biscuits, which you roll out into a single thin sheet of dough about 1/4" thick...

...over the biscuit sheet spread in a single layer the sausage up to about an inch or so of the edge...

...then just roll up this into a log and sort of squish it slightly so that the log is about the same thickness all along its length...

...  I then wrap the entire thing in plastic wrap, then in foil wrapping it tightly along the edges so that the biscuit doesn't dry out... I usually make this a day ahead of when I want to bake some - letting this rest and sit in the fridge overnight does let the log slice up easier when cold ...

... preheat the oven to 350 degrees, cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and slice the "log" into 1/2" slices, you can slice them thinner or thicker, but the thickness of the slice will change the baking time.... with 1/2" slices they take about 30ish minutes to bake...

...  basically bake until they are golden brown, serve warm !!
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans.... let's leave off with a cute who hound shot......

...  Lolly loves warm from the dryer jeans and sweats....  have a super weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. One of my co workers at Oak Ridge Methodist Hospital used to make these for parties we would have. And since that was about 40 years ago and I have not forgotten them they have to be good!! I have done this with the crescent roll dough as well Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, I may have to try them very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be a good cooker :)
    Your little pet is looking so cute !!!!
    Have a nice week-end Edgar,
    Blessings from France,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious and easy. I'm going to have to make these next time company comes.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...