Monday, June 6, 2016

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I'm still plugging away on Sojourner and here's where I left off last night....

... I'm still waffling about the centres of the pink flowers.... they are supposed to be filled with french knots done in "Her Crowne" and my knots basically suck as they are something I am just unable to master to my satisfaction, I am thinking of filling them with over one stitching...  I'll make that decision at some point later on.
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. Hello Edgar,

    It's fun reading your blog.
    French knots...I know how you feel....why don't you use tiny beads?

    greetings
    Ine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along so pretty! I have problems with French knots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floral border colours are just delightful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate French knots as well Edgar! I would satin stitch them or just leave them as they are for interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried colonial knots?

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that the colonial knot works out better for me than the french knot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. French knots are a pain! Whatever you decide it will be a beautiful sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar....your sampler is coming along nicely and if you don't like to do french knots ( ;) why not putting little beads...I used to do that :)
    As you, I don't like french knots, I prefer to do colonial knots : they look better.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you do will look gorgeous, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty stitch! How about beads instead of french knots?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edgar,
    Such a beautiful job. I, as well, have difficulties with French Knots. I am with Isadarena and Minnie---- try Colonial Knots. They, I think, come out much nicer/easier.

    -Sherry-

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful piece. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so beautiful. I'm enjoying the progress pics every week.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...